My objective is to make both an academic contribution and to have an impact on Canadian policy-making and policy-implementation. I am a regular non-partisan public commentator, writing for print media, appearing on a variety of T.V., radio, and podcasts, and providing testimony to the House of Commons Finance Committee. I also write regularly on my blog and tweet regularly on a variety of public policy issues.
- I've written a number of articles for the Globe and Mail, Macleans, the Ottawa Citizen, and the Huffington Post
- I've appeared before the House of Commons Standing Committee here talking about the GST tax credit and here on the lack of evidence regarding the efficacy of various boutique tax credits
- I have appeared on TVO's The Agenda a number of times including talking about the second-hand economy, offshore tax havens, and western alienation.
- I have been on several podcasts and radio shows including, but not limited to, Politicoast, the Simi Sara Show, the CBC's 180, and Afternoons with Rob Breakridge, to name a few
- I have been interviewed several hundreds of times for various print media outlets on numerous public policy topics
I am also a member of Informed Opinions, an organization dedicated to amplifying women's voices and working to achieve gender balance in the media by 2025.
I have also been a member of a number of expert panels, including but not limited to: